Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from March 15, 2020

Tokyo Olympics: Sebastian Coe said that Tokyo Olympics may be coming soon

Source of image:   Fencing. Net Whether the  Tokyo Olympics  should take place may soon become obvious,  World Athletics  President   Sebastian Coe  said on Saturday. Coe's comments came as numerous athletes and federations called for a delay in the competition, which is scheduled to run from July 24 to August 9, because of the  coronavirus  pandemic. "A decision on the  Olympic Games  may become very obvious very quickly in the coming days and weeks," Coe said in a statement. "As I said last week, I don’t think we should have the Olympic Games at all costs, certainly not at the cost of athlete safety. "The issue of competition fairness is paramount," he said, adding that athletes were struggling to train in various countries due to measures put in place to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, which has killed thousands. "If we lose the level playing field, then we lose the integrit...

COVID-19: Leh cab driver, who tested ‘negative’ twice, tests positive after third test

Officials in Ladakh told ThePrint this happened because of a miscommunication between authorities in Leh and the testing facility in New Delhi.    A man is screened for COVID-19 | source of image: ANI Srinagar:  Panic gripped Chuchot Gongma, a village about 20 km from Leh, where a resident, who had tested negative for COVID-19 twice and was discharged from hospital, was readmitted Friday along with his family members, including a toddler, after his third test results came positive. Officials in Ladakh told ThePrint the incident happened because of a miscommunication between authorities in Leh and the testing facility in New Delhi. The patient, the officials said, had only come in contact with his immediate family members as he was asked to stay in isolation after his discharge. The patient, a cab driver by profession, was first admitted to Leh’s  Sonam Norboo Memorial Hospital after his father-in-law  tested positive following his return from a rel...

Covid 19: 12 passengers tested positive in Indian Railways

  Image Source:  economictimes.indiatimes.com NEW DELHI : 12 people, who have travelled by two different trains recently, have been tested positive for  coronavirus,  said the Railway Ministry on Saturday. While eight of the 12 passengers had travelled from Delhi to Ramagundam on AP Sampark Kranti Express on March 13, four had travelled on Godan Express from Mumbai to Jabalpur on 16th March. The ministry has asked people not to travel on passenger and long-distance trains unless absolutely necessary. "Railways has found that 4 passengers travelling on Godan Express (Train 11055) from Mumbai to Jabalpur on 16th March in B1 Coach have been tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday.They came to India from Dubai last week. All concerned have been alerted to take necessary action," tweeted the Railways ministry. Tweets of railway Ministry "8 passengers who had travelled on AP Sampark Kranti Express from Delhi to Ramagundam on 13th March have tes...

PAN-Aadhaar card linking: If you miss the March 31 deadline, You could be fined Rs 10,000.

  When your PAN becomes  inoperative, it is be assumed  that PAN has not been furnished as required by the law and a penalty of Rs10,000 may apply as per Section 272B of the Income Tax Act. New Delhi : Government has set a deadline of March 31, 2020, for linking of PAN cards to Aadhaar. If you are a PAN cardholder and you fail to link it to your Aadhar card within the mentioned deadline then you might have to pay the income tax department a penalty of Rs 10,000 for using an inoperative Permanent Account Number. Earlier, the income tax department had earlier announced that any PAN that is not linked will be declared as "inoperative." Now, in its latest notification, the IT department has clearly mentioned that such PAN cardholders shall face consequences under the Income Tax Act. What happens if your PAN card is inoperative? When your PAN becomes inoperative, it is be assumed that PAN has not been furnished as r...

Coronavirus update: More than 250 cases reported in India. See here State-wise count

Prime Minister Narendra Modi called for a 'janata curfew' on Sunday India witnessed a record a jump in the total number of COVID-19 cases as 63 new coronavirus cases were confirmed on Friday. At present, there are 258 COVID-19 patients in India. Of these, 219 are Indians and 39 are foreign nationals. There are 231 active Coronavirus cases in the country, according to the data released by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Covid-19 death toll in India rose to four this week. Deaths were reported from Karnataka, Delhi, Maharashtra and Punjab. Mumbai, the financial capital of India inches towards complete shutdown after 52 cases were confirmed from Maharashtra. In the wake of coronavirus pandemic, Maharashtra government announced lockdown in Nagpur, Mumbai and Pune to contain the spread. Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray said, starting today, all workplaces, barring essential services, will down shutters till 31 March. The total nu...

COVID-19: UP Police file FIR against Kanika Kapoor who has been tested positive

Source:  Wikipedia.org Kanika Kapoor   is the first Bollywood celebrity to have tested positive with the COVID-19. The singer revealed the same on her social media account. It is being reported that the 'Baby Doll' singer attended a bash in Lucknow after returning to Mumbai from London. Her father stated that she attended three parties, however, Kanika said she just attended a small get together and was wearing gloves all the time. Soon, parts of Lucknow were shut down except medicine shops, gas agencies, hospitals and pharmacists. All restaurants were also closed as a precautionary measure. According to the latest reports, U.P police is all set to take action against Kanika. Reportedly, cops will be filing an FIR against the singer under Section 269 of the  Indian Penal Code  (IPC).  As per the section, 'whoever unlawfully or negligently does any act which is, and which he knows or has reason to believe to be, likely to spread the infec...

Coronavirus: Delhi markets closed till 23 March; There will be no business

All markets of the capital will remain closed till March 23.  The Confederation of All India Traders (CAT) has decided to close the markets.  ... Source of image:  Dainik Jagran New Delhi, Jagran Correspondent.  In view of the threat of Corona in Delhi, all the markets of the capital will remain closed till March 23.  The Confederation of All India Traders (CAT) made this decision in a meeting with merchant organizations in Delhi.  CAT officials said that in the meeting, it has been decided that the way the Coronavirus is spreading rapidly, the danger of community transmission has increased.  In view of this, it has been decided that all markets of Delhi will be completely closed on March 21, 22 and 23 and there will be no business. Apart from this, the textile market of Chandni Chowk will also be closed till March 24.  There are more than 30 thousand shops of clothes in 63 cutters.  The Delhi Hindustani Mercantile Association has...

Coronavirus Update: Companies pull out all stops to work from home

NEW DELHI|MUMBAI|BENGALURU: Companies across sectors are scrambling to follow ‘work from home’ practices, as the government “strongly advised”  India Inc  to implement this and limit spread of Covid-19, while trying to ensure their operations are disrupted to a minimum. “We have asked our companies in India to rapidly and extensively adopt work from home (WFH) to ensure employees travel only in the most essential cases, excluding situations in which they are involved in the delivery of products and services for the larger public good,” said N Chandrasekaran, shairman,  Tata Sons , in a statement issued on Friday. The ministry of corporate affairs has formally told corporate India to implement a work from home policy till March 31 and report compliance by March 23. Hindustan Unilever  Ltd which had moved before the government's guidance, last week announced that office-based employees will work from home. “ There is equal detailing and planning that has gone in...

Nirbhaya Convicts To Be Executed At 5:30 am, Top Court Rejects Petition

Apart from these hangers hanging on the gallows, there were two more culprits in this case that shook the whole country. Ram Singh, the main accused, committed suicide on 11 March 2013 in Tihar Jail. One was a minor who was released from a child improvement home in December 2015.     Nirbhaya-convicts 16 December 2012: Nirbhaya gang-raped in a moving bus in Delhi. December 21, 2012: SDM Usha Chaturvedi goes to Safdarjung Hospital and takes Nirbhaya's statement. Chaturvedi - I asked her what do you want? His first answer was. Then stopped for a while and said, no… no hanging… everyone should be burnt alive. 20 March 2020: In the early hours of conviction Mukesh, Akshay, Vinay, and Pawan are hanged in Tihar Jail. Apart from these hangers hanging on the gallows, there were two more culprits in this case that shook the entire country. Ram Singh, the main accused, committed suicide on 11 March 2013 in Tihar Jail. One was a minor who was released from a child improvement...

Students from Bangladesh refused corona test, vandalized Srinagar airport

Over 160 students arrived at the Srinagar airport from Bangladesh late on Thursday night. Refusing to check, he broke the glass windows scattered there at the reception. After this, the students were detained by the police and sent to the designated centers for corona investigation.     Investigating on returning from abroad (symbolic photo) The government is putting all kinds of restrictions to prevent the rising outbreak of Corona in the country. Passengers coming from abroad are being checked at the airport itself. But some students who arrived from Bangladesh on Thursday refused to have the corona tested in Srinagar. The students not only protested but also vandalized the Srinagar airport reception. After this, the students were detained by the police and sent to the designated centers for corona investigation. In fact, as soon as more than 160 students arrived at the Srinagar airport from Bangladesh late on Thursday, the authorities present there appealed to th...

Coronavirus update: Total cases in India rise to 166. See here State-Wise

The total number of novel coronavirus cases in India rose to 166 today after a record number of fresh cases reported from the various parts of the country. Maharashtra is the worst affected state with the maximum number of cases. According to the date released by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the total tally includes 141 Indian nationals and 25 foreigners. Three persons infected with the novel coronavirus have died so far. A 76-year-old man from Kalaburgi was the first casualty of COVID-19 infection in the country. A 68-year-old woman in Delhi and a 64-year-old man from Mumbai were the other deceased. Maharashtra recorded 45 cases till today, the highest in the country. Kerala has 27 positive coronavirus patients. Three fresh cases from Noida in last two days took the total number of confirmed patients in Uttar Pradesh to 16. Delhi has confirmed 12 cases with COVID-19 infection while the tally stands at 17 in Haryana. The number of c...

CBSE and All Educational institutions to postpone ongoing exams till March 31, Ordered by HRD Ministry.

HRD-CBSE-EXAMS New Delhi, Mar 18 The Ministry of Human Resource Development on Wednesday directed the CBSE and all educational institutions in the country to postpone exams till March 31 in view of the coronavirus outbreak. "While maintenance of academic calendar and exam schedule is important, equally important is safety and security of students who are appearing in various examinations as also of their teachers and parents," HRD secretary Amit Khare said in an official communication. "All the ongoing examinations, including CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)board exams, be postponed till March 31 and rescheduled thereafter.

Coronavirus update: Total cases in India rise to 147

The number of coronavirus cases in India climbed to 147 today, with Maharashtra reporting highest tally followed by Kerala. Of these, 122 are Indian nationals and 25 are foreign nationals. The deadly coronavirus killed three people in the country one in Karnataka, Delhi and Maharashtra. Maharashtra has reported the maximum number of cases at 42 while Kerala has recorded 30 cases till today. Ladakh has confirmed eight patients with COVID-19 infections while the tally stands at 16 in Haryana. The number of coronavirus patients has risen to 11 in Karnataka while Delhi has recorded 13 cases. Rajasthan has recorded seven cases so far while Jammu Kashmir three. Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Odisha reported have confirmed one case each. On Tuesday, a 18-year-old man tested positive for novel coronavirus infection in West Bengal, the first in state. A total of 14 patients have been discharged so far, Union Ministry of Health and Family ...

US president Donald Trump has said that Google CEO Sundar Pichai called him to ‘apologise’

Speaking to reporters, US president Donald Trump said that, "The head of Google, who is a great gentleman called us and apologised.” According to a report by Tech Crunch, Google didn’t comment on anything regarding this call that Trump spoke about. Trump also didn’t really clarify for what did Pichai actually say ‘sorry’ for. US president Donald  Trump  has said that    Google  CEO  Sundar Pichai  called him to ‘apologise’. Now what Pichai apologised for isn’t exactly clear but Trump, while talking to news reporters, had this to say. ““I want to thank the people at Google and Google Communications because as you know, they substantiated what I said on Friday,” said Trump. What Trump had said on Friday is that Google is making a website using 1,700 engineers related to  coronavirus   screening. Google directly isn’t making the website but Alphabet Google’s parent company has another venture called Verily, which is indeed making s...